HYP 2018 Ultimate Frisbee
Co-Ed Rookie, Minor, and Major Divisions
Registration opens on Tuesday, January 9th, 2018 and will close on March 2nd
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!
Questions about HYP Ultimate Frisbee League?
Please contact Kyle Wasilkowski, HYP’s Director of Sports and Fitness by phone at 717-831-0726 or by email at Sports@hyp.org
- Registration Fees: (NON-MEMBER)- $50.00 per athlete (HYP MEMBERS)- $40.00 per athlete.
- Sign up for your team
- Create your own team
- Register as a “Free Agent” to be assigned to a team
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your company team!
**The member rate will automatically be applied during checkout.
NON-MEMBERS and HYP MEMBERS will pay a $5.00 late fee for registering between (March 1st-2nd, 2018). Athletes will have up to 11:59 P.M. on March, 2nd to register to be considered.
***Please click here to view the FAQ page for New and Current Athletes
Ulitmate Frisbee League
- MAJOR DIVISION: Do you have game? Do you like winning and competing against others with the same competitive athletic ability as you? The Major Division consists of teams with a superior knowledge of the sport and rules. The skill level ranges from an experienced minor to an advanced major level of play. For the most skilled, most experienced players with the ability and desire to compete hard, with good sportsmanship, and loves to win at the highest possible level is what best describes the Major Division! Individuals who have played collegiate athletics are recommended to play in the Major Division. Participating in the Major Division will allow your team to play more games, get an opportunity to win a team trophy and a team gift card of the sports sponsor or to a city bar within Harrisburg for your team to celebrate!
- MINOR DIVISION: Are you up for a bit of a challenge? The Minor Division consists of teams with a moderate knowledge of the sport and rules. The skill level may range from an experienced rookie to a proficient veteran athlete who has been playing in the sport for several years. Individuals who have experience in a collegiate or interscholastic athletics are recommended to play in the Minor Division. Participating in the Minor Division will allow your team to play more games and you get an opportunity to win a team trophy!
- ROOKIE DIVISION: Do you want to have fun? The Rookie Division is recommended for all athletes who simply are new to the area or individuals who want to enjoy a recreational activity with others and desires less competitive competition. The division is open to teams with a very basic knowledge of the sport and rules, but few developed skills. (Game Officials will assist teams on learning the rules of the sport throughout the season). Athletes who have played in collegiate athletics are recommended to either play in the Minor or Major Division. If you simply want to play, socialize with friends, learn the sport, and you can care less about winning or losing then this is the division for you!
Division Game Play:
Each team can have an unlimited number of team members. Athletes may not be added to a team after registration closes for any reason. If a player is having difficulty registering online, they must contact email@example.com before registration closing to join a team by 11:59 P.M. on March, 2nd to be considered.
- Maximum of (7) Athletes on the field (4 Males and 3 Females)
- At least (3) Females always need to be on the field.
If your team would like to request your team color jersey, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your color. Please note that colors are first come, first serve basis and depending on what division your team is participating in.
Championship Team Moving-Up Policy
If 60% or more of your team returns for the registered sports season and has won back-to-back or won a championship twice in a three-year/season span, then your team will be required to move up to the next division. This does not affect past Competitive/Major Division championship teams as they can stay in that division. Please contact the Sports and Fitness Coordinator at email@example.com to get more information about your team(s). The Sports and Fitness Coordinator will review rosters from the past two/three years and will confirm if a team needs to move up in the division.
Finishing in top (3) Team Moving-Up Policy
If 60% or more of your team returns for the registered sports season and has finished in the top (3) for the past (2) seasons/years, then your team will be required to move up to the next division, following the final standings from the previous Regular Seasons. This does not affect past Competitive/Major Division teams as they can stay in that division. Teams affected by this are past Just For Fun/Rookie and Intermediate/Minor Division teams. Please contact the Sports and Fitness Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information about your team(s). The Sports and Fitness Coordinator will review rosters from the past two/three years and will confirm if a team needs to move up in the division.
The 2018 Ultimate Frisbee Captains Meeting will be held on a Monday, March 19th starting at 7:30 P.M. at Temple University-Harrisburg
All captains are preferred to attend and may include one team representative. If a team captain or a representative fails to come to the Captain’s Meeting, the captain will have a meeting with the Sports & Fitness Coordinator to go over all information needed to communicate with his/her team for the season. If a captain or a team representative fails to go to the Captain’s Meeting or meet with the Sports and Fitness Coordinator, the team will forfeit each game until a meeting is scheduled.
Following the Captain’s Meeting, all athletes are welcomed to enjoy the “Get to know the Athletes Night” starting around 8:00 P.M. This will be your opportunity to socialize with other athletes and talk about the upcoming season. Athletes will be able to interact with the Sports and Fitness Coordinator, game officials, and other HYP members!
Dates & Times:
Regular Season games will be held every Wednesday from March 28th until May 9th. Games will be played at:
6:00 P.M and 6:50 P.M.
Playoff & Weather Make-Up Dates:
Playoffs/Bowl Games are scheduled for May 16th and May 23rd. If a weather cancellation is needed during the regular season, the make-up game will be played on May 30th, and playoffs will move to May 23rd & 30th. All players will be notified via email by HYP Sports and Fitness Coordinator and on the Harrisburg Young Professionals Facebook page. Games may need to be played on a Tuesday to accommodate schedules due to inclement weather or holidays.
The Regular Season- (March 28th – May 9th) 7-Week Regular Season
- City Division: The City Division is composed of all of the teams that will compete in a Single-Elimination Bracket for the Championship.
Thank you to 2018 HYP Ultimate Frisbee Sponsor(s) :