HYP 2018 Spring Sand Volleyball
Co-Ed Rookie, Minor, and Major Division
Registration opens on Tuesday, January 9th, 2018 and will close on March 2nd.
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN ON JANUARY 9TH, 2018!
NEW FOR HYP THERE IS NOW A TUESDAY NIGHT LEAGUE AN ADDITION TO OUR THURSDAY NIGHT LEAGUE!!!
Questions about HYP Sand Volleyball League?
Please contact Kyle Wasilkowski, HYP Sports and Fitness Coordinator by phone at 717-831-0726 or by email at Sports@hyp.org
Season: Spring of 2018
Regular Season Begins: April 10th, 2018 “Tuesday League”/ April 12th, 2018 “Thursday League” (7-Week Regular Season)
Regular Season Ends: May 22nd, 2018 “Tuesday League”/ May 24th, 2018 “Thursday League”
Playoffs and Bowl Games are played: May 29th and June 5th, 2018 “Tuesday League”/ May 31st and June 7th “Thursday League”
Late Registration Dates: Athletes will be charged a ($5.00 late fee) for registering late between March 1st-2nd. All athletes must submit registration by 11:59 P.M. on March 2nd, 2018 to be considered.
Locations of Athletic Venues:
- City Island Skyline Sports Complex
(All athletic venues must stay within city limits)
Games will take place every Tuesday or Thursday: Between 6:00 P.M. and 10:00 P.M.
Registration Fees:(NON-MEMBER)- $50.00 per athlete (HYP MEMBERS)- $40.00 per athlete.
- Sign up for your team
- Create your own team
- Register as a “Free Agent” to be assigned to a team
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your company team!
**The member rate will automatically be applied during checkout.
NON-MEMBERS and HYP MEMBERS will be charged a ($5.00 late fee) for registering between (March 1st-2nd, 2018). Athletes will have up to 11:59 P.M. on March, 2nd to register to be considered.
***Please click here to view the FAQ/Policies page for New and Current Athletes
HYP Sand Volleyball League
- MAJOR DIVISION: Do you have game? Do you like winning and competing against others with the same competitive athletic ability as you? The Major Division consists of teams with a superior knowledge of the sport and rules. The skill level ranges from an experienced minor to an advanced major level of play. For the most skilled, most experienced players with the ability and desire to compete hard, with good sportsmanship, and loves to win at the highest possible level is what best describes the Major Division! Individuals who have played collegiate athletics are recommended to play in the Major Division. Participating in the Major Division will allow your team to play more games, get an opportunity to win a team trophy and a team gift card of the sports sponsor or to a city bar within Harrisburg for your team to go celebrate!
- MINOR DIVISION: Are you up for a bit of a challenge? The Minor Division consists of teams with a moderate knowledge of the sport and rules. The skill level may range from an experienced rookie to a proficient veteran athlete who has been playing in the sport for several years. Individuals who have experience in a collegiate or interscholastic athletics are recommended to play in the Minor Division. Participating in the Minor Division will allow your team to play more games and you get an opportunity to win a team trophy!
- ROOKIE DIVISION: Do you want to have fun? The Rookie Division is recommended for all athletes who simply are new to the area or individuals who want to go enjoy a recreational activity with others and desires less competitive competition. The division is open to teams with a very basic knowledge of the sport and rules, but few developed skills. Athletes who have played in collegiate athletics are recommended to either play in the Minor or Major Division. If you simply want to play, socialize with friends, learn the sport, and you can care less about winning or losing then this is the division for you!
Division Game Play:
Each team can have an unlimited number of team members but must have (6) registered athletes for the Rookie and Minor Division teams and (4) on Major Division teams on a team to be considered a team. Athletes may not be added to a team after registration closes for any reason. If a player is having difficulty registering online, they must contact email@example.com before registration closing to join a team by 11:59 P.M. on March, 2nd to be considered.
- Maximum of (4) Athletes on the court (3 Males and 1 Female) “Major Division”
- Maximum of (6) Athletes on the court (4 Males and 2 Females) “Minor and Rookie Division”
- Major Division (Only offered Thursday Nights): will be played with a maximum of 4 players on the court, with a minimum of 1 female.
- Minor Division (Available on a Tuesday & Thursday Nights): will be played with a maximum of 6 players, with a minimum of 2 females.
- Rookie Division (Available on a Tuesday & Thursday Nights): will be played with a maximum of 6 players, with a minimum of 2 females.
If your team would like to request your team color jersey, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your color. Please note that colors are first come, first serve basis and depending on what division your team is participating in.
Championship Team Moving-Up Policy
If 60% or more of your team returns for the registered sports season and has won back-to-back or won a championship twice in a three-year/season span, then your team will be required to move up to the next division. This does not affect past Competitive/Major Division championship teams as they can stay in that division. Please contact the Sports and Fitness Coordinator at email@example.com to get more information about your team(s). The Sports and Fitness Coordinator will review rosters from the past two/three years and will confirm if a team needs to move up in the division.
Finishing in top (3) Team Moving-Up Policy
If 60% or more of your team returns for the registered sports season and has finished in the top (3) for the past (2) years/seasons, then your team will be required to move up to the next division, following the final standings from the previous Regular Seasons. This does not affect past Competitive/Major Division teams as they can stay in that division. Teams affected by this are past Just For Fun/Rookie and Intermediate/Minor Division teams. Please contact the Sports and Fitness Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information about your team(s). The Sports and Fitness Coordinator will review rosters from the past two/three years and will confirm if a team needs to move up in the division.
The league schedule can be viewed by clicking the “Schedule” panel on the main screen after logging into your profile. The schedule will be presented at the Captain’s Meeting.
Spring Sand Volleyball Meet & Greet Night
Harrisburg Young Professionals would like to invite all captains and athletes to their “Spring Sand Volleyball Meet & Greet Night” on a date, time, and location TBD.
This event will allow current and new athletes to get their input on the rules and regulations of the sport that they will be participating in before the season. Athletes will have the opportunity to vote on the rules, playoffs, schedule, conference breakdown, and other league components. Athletes are welcome to come out and talk to other athletes, HYP Sports and Fitness Coordinator, Sports Committee, and game officials about rules and how to keep our Spring Flag Football League safe, enjoyable, and competitive!
For more information email email@example.com.
The 2018 Spring Sand Volleyball Captains Meeting will be held on a date, time, and location TBD.
All captains are preferred to attend and may include one team representative. If a team captain or a representative fails to come to the Captain’s Meeting, the captain will have a meeting with the Sports & Fitness Coordinator to go over all information needed to communicate with his/her team for the season. If a captain or a team representative fails to go to the Captain’s Meeting or meet with the Sports and Fitness Coordinator, the team will forfeit each game until a meeting is scheduled.
Following the Captain’s Meeting, all athletes are welcomed to enjoy the “Get to know the Athletes Night” starting around 7:30 P.M. This will be your opportunity to socialize with other athletes and talk about the upcoming season. Athletes will be able to interact with the Sports and Fitness Coordinator, game officials, and other HYP members!
Dates & Times:
Tuesday League: April 10th-May 22nd (Tuesday Evenings)
Thursday League: April 12th- May 34th (Thursday Evenings)
Game times will be 6:00, 6:50, 7:40, 8:30 and 9:20 PM.
Playoff & Weather Make-Up Dates:
Playoffs/Bowl Games are scheduled for May 29th and June 5th “Tuesday League”
Playoffs/Bowl Games are scheduled for May 31st and June 7th “Thursday League”
.If a weather cancellation is needed during the regular season for the “Tuesday League“, the make-up game will be played on June 12th and playoffs will move to June 5th & 12th.
.If a weather cancellation is needed during the regular season for the “Thursday League“, the make-up game will be played on June 14th and playoffs will move to June 7th & 14th.
All players will be notified via email by HYP Sports and Fitness Coordinator and on the Harrisburg Young Professionals Facebook page. Games may need to be played on a Wednesday to accommodate schedules due to inclement weather or holidays.
- Major Division: TBD at the Meet and Greet
- Minor Division: TBD at the Meet and Greet
- Rookie Division: The Rookie Division teams will not participate in playoffs, but will take part in a bowl style format game after the Regular Season.
Click here to view the “2017 HYP Fall Sand Volleyball Rules”
(Please be aware that these rules will be updated on a frequent basis before the Captains Meeting as athletes will have the opportunity to vote on rules at the Meet and Greet scheduled TBD)
The 2018 HYP Spring Sand Volleyball Sponsor(s) will be listed below soon: