HYP 2017 Fall Sand Volleyball
Co-Ed Rookie, Minor, and Major Division
NEW FOR HYP THERE IS NOW A TUESDAY NIGHT LEAGUE AN ADDITION TO OUR THURSDAY NIGHT LEAGUE!!!
Questions about HYP Sand Volleyball League?
Please contact Kyle Wasilkowski, HYP Sports and Fitness Coordinator by phone at 717-831-0726 or by email at Sports@hyp.org
- Fall Season of 2017
- Tuesday League: September 5th, 2017
- Thursday League: September 7th, 2017
- Tuesday League: October 24th, 2017
- Thursday League: October 26th, 2017
- Monday, July 3rd – Wednesday, August 16th ’17
- City Island Skyline Sports Complex
- Registration Fees
- REGULAR $50.00 per player; MEMBERS $40.00 per player. Sign up for a team or as a “Free Agent” to be assigned to a team!
- **The member rate will automatically be applied during check out.
***Please click here to view the FAQ page for New and Current Athletes
HYP Sand Volleyball League
- MAJOR DIVISION: Do you have game? Do you like winning and competing against others with the same competitive athletic ability as you? The Major Division consists of teams with a superior knowledge of the sport and rules. The skill level ranges from an experienced minor to an advanced major level of play. For the most skilled, most experienced players with the ability and desire to compete hard, with good sportsmanship, and loves to win at the highest possible level is what best describes the Major Division! Participating in the Major Division will allow your team to play more games, get an opportunity to win a team trophy and a gift card of the sports sponsor or to a city bar within Harrisburg for your team to go celebrate!
- MINOR DIVISION: Are you up for a bit of a challenge? The Minor Division consists of teams with a moderate knowledge of the sport and rules. The skill level may range from an experienced rookie to a proficient veteran athlete who has been playing in the sport for several years. Participating in the Minor Division will allow your team to play more games and plus you get an opportunity to win a team trophy!
- ROOKIE DIVISION: Do you want to have fun? The Rookie Division is recommended for all athletes who simply are new to the area or individuals who want to go enjoy a recreational activity with others and desires less competitive competition. The division is open to teams with a very basic knowledge of the sport and rules, but few developed skills. (If the sport has game officials, they will assist teams on learning the rules of the sport throughout the season). If you simply want to play, socialize with friends, learn the sport, and you can care less about winning or losing then this is the division for you!
Division Game Play:
Each team can have an unlimited number of team members. Players may not be added to a team after registration closes for any reason. If a player is having difficulty registering online, they must contact email@example.com prior to registration closing in order to join a team. Communication must be received no later than noon on the date of registration closing in order to be considered.
- Major Division (Only offered Thursday Nights): will be played with a maximum of 4 players on the court, with a minimum of 1 female.
- Minor Division (Available on a Tuesday & Thursday Nights): will be played with a maximum of 6 players, with a minimum of 2 females.
- Rookie Division (Available on a Tuesday & Thursday Nights): will be played with a maximum of 6 players, with a minimum of 2 females.
Championship Team Moving-Up Policy
If 60% or more of your team returns for the registered sports season and has won back-to-back or won a championship twice in a three-year/season span, then your team will be required to move up to the next division. This does not affect past Competitive/Major Division championship teams as they can stay in that division. Please contact the Sports and Fitness Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information about your team(s). The Sports and Fitness Coordinator will review rosters from the past two/three years and will confirm if a team needs to move up in the division. Please click “here” to view if your team will be required to move-up in division.
Finishing in top (3) Team Moving-Up Policy
If 60% or more of your team returns for the registered sports season and has finished in the top (3) for the past (2) years/seasons, then your team will be required to move up to the next division, following the final standings from the previous Regular Seasons. This does not affect past Competitive/Major Division teams as they can stay in that division. Teams affected by this are past Just For Fun/Rookie and Intermediate/Minor Division teams. Please contact the Sports and Fitness Coordinator at email@example.com to get more information about your team(s). The Sports and Fitness Coordinator will review rosters from the past two/three years and will confirm if a team needs to move up in the division. Please click “here” to view if your team will be required to move-up in division.
The league schedule can be viewed by clicking the “Schedule” panel on the main screen after logging into your profile. The schedule will be presented at the Captain’s Meeting.
The 2017 Fall Sand Volleyball Captains Meeting will be held on Thursday, August 31st at 6:30 P.M. and location TBD.
Harrisburg City Island: Skyline Sand Volleyball Courts
Tuesday League: September 5th-October 10th (Tuesday Evenings)
Thursday League: September 7th- October 12th (Thursday Evenings)
Game times will be 6:00, 6:50, 7:40, 8:30 and 9:20 PM.
In the event that games must be cancelled due to inclement weather, league participants will be notified via email and announcement on the Harrisburg Young Professionals Facebook Page. Our weather make up date is scheduled for October, 31st for the Tuesday League and November 2nd for the Thursday League. Games may need to be played on a Wednesday to accommodate schedules due to inclement weather.
Major Division: The Competitive Division will participate in a double-elimination bracket.
Minor Division: The Intermediate Division will participate in a single-elimination bracket. (Both TUE & WED League will be combined)
Rookie Division: Just For Fun teams will not participate in playoffs, but will participate in a bowl style format game after the Regular Season.
Playoffs are scheduled for October 17th and October 26th for the Tuesday League. If a weather make up date is needed, those games will be played on a Wednesday.
Playoffs are scheduled for October 19th and October 26th for the Thursday League. If a weather make up date is needed, those games will be played on a Wednesday.
The top teams from the Tuesday and Thursday League from the Minor and Major Division will compete in the championship on October 26th.
Click “here” to view the rules
(Please be aware that these rules will be updated on a frequent basis before the Captains Meeting)
Thank you to our 2017 Fall Sand Volleyball Sponsors!