HYP 2018 Fall Flag Football
Co-Ed Rookie, Minor, and Major Division
Registration opens on Tuesday, July 3rd, 2018 and will close on August 15th.
Questions about HYP Spring Flag Football League?
Please contact Kyle Wasilkowski, HYP’s Director of Sports and Fitness by phone at 717-831-0726 or by email at Sports@hyp.org
Season: Fall of 2018
Regular Season Begins: September 9th, 2018 (7-Week Regular Season)
Regular Season Ends: October 21st, 2018
Playoffs and Bowl Games are played: October 29th and November 4th, 2018
Late Registration Dates: Athletes will be charged a ($5.00 late fee) for registering late between August 14th and 15th. All athletes must submit registration by 11:59 P.M. on August 15th, 2018 to be considered.
Locations of Athletic Venues:
- Camp Curtain Academy
- City Island
- 7th and Radnor Park
- HACC (Woking on Contract)
(All athletic venues must stay within city limits)
Games will take place every Sunday: Between 9:00 A.M., 10:00 A.M., 11:00 A.M., 12:00 P.M. and 1:00 P.M.
Registration Fees:(NON-MEMBER)- $60.00 per athlete (HYP MEMBERS)- $45.00 per athlete.
- Sign up for your team
- Create your own team
- Register as a “Free Agent” to be assigned to a team
- Contact email@example.com to register your company team!
**The member rate will automatically be applied during checkout.
NON-MEMBERS and HYP MEMBERS will be charged a ($5.00 late fee) for registering between (March 1st-2nd, 2018). Athletes will have up to 11:59 P.M. on August, 15th to register to be considered.
***Please click here to view the FAQ/Policies page for New and Current Athletes
HYP FLAG FOOTBALL LEAGUE
- MAJOR DIVISION: The Major division is for elite players looking for a fast-paced, highly-competitive game environment. Players with colligate athletics experience are strongly encouraged to take their talents to the Major division. Major division teams compete in a postseason championship playoff for a trophy, bragging rights, championship hats, and a $200 team gift card to a local sponsor.
- MINOR DIVISION: The Minor division is for skilled players with prior game experience looking for a more competitive game environment. Participating in the Minor Division will allow your team to play more games and you get an opportunity to win a team trophy
- ROOKIE DIVISION: The Rookie division provides casual players with a recreational game experience, focusing on camaraderie and enjoyment more than winning or losing. The Rookie division is ideal for players who are new to HYP Flag Football. Rookie division teams play in a postseason “Bowl Game” match and the #1 team with the best record or win the #1 v. #2 matchup will receive a certificate.
*None of the divisions will be combined for the season.
Division Game Play:
Each team can have an unlimited number of team members but must have (8) registered athletes on a team to be considered a team. Athletes may not be added to a team after registration closes for any reason. If a player is having difficulty registering online, they must contact firstname.lastname@example.org before registration closing to join a team by 11:59 P.M. on August, 15th to be considered.
- Maximum of (8) Athletes on the field (5 Males and 3 Females)
- At least (3) Females always need to be on the field.
If your team would like to request your team color jersey, please email email@example.com to request your color. Please note that colors are first come, first serve basis and depending on what division your team is participating in.
Championship Team Moving-Up Policy
If 60% or more of your team returns for the registered sports season and has won back-to-back or won a championship twice in a three-year/season span, then your team will be required to move up to the next division. This does not affect past Competitive/Major Division championship teams as they can stay in that division. Please contact the Sports and Fitness Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information about your team(s). The Sports and Fitness Coordinator will review rosters from the past two/three years and will confirm if a team needs to move up in the division.
Finishing in top (3) Team Moving-Up Policy
If 60% or more of your team returns for the registered sports season and has finished in the top (3) for the past (2) seasons/years, then your team will be required to move up to the next division, following the final standings from the previous Regular Seasons. This does not affect past Competitive/Major Division teams as they can stay in that division. Teams affected by this are past Just For Fun/Rookie and Intermediate/Minor Division teams. Please contact the Sports and Fitness Coordinator at email@example.com to get more information about your team(s). The Sports and Fitness Coordinator will review rosters from the past two/three years and will confirm if a team needs to move up in the division.
The 2018 Fall Flag Football Captains Meeting will be held on a date and time TBD.
All captains are preferred to attend and may include one team representative. If a team captain or a representative fails to come to the Captain’s Meeting, the captain will have a meeting with the Director of Sports and Fitness to go over all information needed to communicate with his/her team for the season. If a captain or a team representative fails to go to the Captain’s Meeting or meet with the Director of Sports and Fitness, the team will forfeit each game until a meeting is scheduled.
Following the Captain’s Meeting, all athletes are welcomed to enjoy the “Get to know the Athletes Night” starting around 7:30 P.M. This will be your opportunity to socialize with other athletes and talk about the upcoming season. Athletes will be able to interact with the Sports and Fitness Coordinator, game officials, and other HYP members!
Dates & Times:
Regular Season games will be held every Sunday from September 9th until October 21st.
Games will be played at:
9:00 A.M, 10:00 A.M., 11:00 A.M., 12:00 P.M., and 1:00 P.M.
Playoff & Weather Make-Up Dates:
Playoffs/Bowl Games are scheduled for October 28th and November 4th. If a weather cancellation is needed during the regular season, the make-up game will be played on October 28th and playoffs will move to November 4th & 11th. All players will be notified via email by HYP’s Director of Sports and Fitness and on the Harrisburg Young Professionals Facebook page.
Games may need to be played on a Saturday to accommodate schedules due to inclement weather or holidays.
- Major Division: All teams will compete in a Single-Elimination Bracket for the Championship
- Minor Division: All teams will compete in a Single-Elimination Bracket for the Championship
- Rookie Division: The Rookie Division teams will not participate in playoffs, but will take part in a bowl style format game after the Regular Season.
Click “here” to view the rules from the 2018 Fall Flag Football season
Thank you to the 2018 HYP Fall Flag Football Sponsor(s):