HYP 2018 DODGEBALL
Co-Ed Rookie, Minor, and Major Divisions
Registration opens on October 23rd and ends on December 6th!
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!
Questions about HYP Dodgeball League?
Please contact Kyle Wasilkowski, HYP Sports and Fitness Coordinator by phone at 717-831-0726 or by email at Sports@hyp.org
Season: Winter of 2018
Regular Season Begins: January 11th, 2018 (8-Week Regular Season)
Regular Season Ends: March 1st, 2018
Playoffs and Bowl Games are played: March 8th and 15th, 2018
Late Registration Dates: Athletes will be charged a ($5.00 late fee) for registering late between December 7th-8th. All athletes must submit registration by 11:59 P.M. on December 8th, 2017 to be considered.
Locations of Athletic Venues:
- Harrisburg Armory
- Zembo Shrine
(All athletic venues must stay within city limits)
Games will take place every Thursday: Between 6:00 P.M. and 10:00 P.M.
Registration Fees:(NON-MEMBER)- $60.00 per athlete (HYP MEMBERS)- $45.00 per athlete.
- Sign up for your team
- Create your own team
- Register as a “Free Agent” to be assigned to a team
- Contact email@example.com to register your company team!
**The member rate will automatically be applied during checkout.
NON-MEMBERS and HYP MEMBERS will be charged a ($5.00 late fee) for registering between (December 7th-8th, 2017). Athletes will have up to 11:59 P.M. on December, 8th to register to be considered.
***Please click here to view the FAQ page for New and Current Athletes
HYP DODGEBALL LEAGUE
- MAJOR DIVISION: Do you have game? Do you like winning and competing against others with the same competitive athletic ability as you? The Major Division consists of teams with a superior knowledge of the sport and rules. The skill level ranges from an experienced minor to an advanced major level of play. For the most skilled, most experienced players with the ability and desire to compete hard, with good sportsmanship, and loves to win at the highest possible level is what best describes the Major Division! Individuals who have played collegiate athletics are recommended to play in the Major Division. Participating in the Major Division will allow your team to play more games, get an opportunity to win a team trophy and a team gift card of the sports sponsor or to a city bar within Harrisburg for your team to go celebrate!
- MINOR DIVISION: Are you up for a bit of a challenge? The Minor Division consists of teams with a moderate knowledge of the sport and rules. The skill level may range from an experienced rookie to a proficient veteran athlete who has been playing in the sport for several years. Individuals who have experience in a collegiate or interscholastic athletics are recommended to play in the Minor Division. Participating in the Minor Division will allow your team to play more games and you get an opportunity to win a team trophy!
- ROOKIE DIVISION: Do you want to have fun? The Rookie Division is recommended for all athletes who simply are new to the area or individuals who want to go enjoy a recreational activity with others and desires less competitive competition. The division is open to teams with a very basic knowledge of the sport and rules, but few developed skills. (Game Officials will assist teams on learning the rules of the sport throughout the season). Athletes who have played in collegiate athletics are recommended to either play in the Minor or Major Division. If you simply want to play, socialize with friends, learn the sport, and you can care less about winning or losing then this is the division for you!
*None of the divisions will be combined for the season.
Division Game Play:
Each team can have an unlimited number of team members but must have (8) registered athletes on a team to be considered a team. Athletes may not be added to a team after registration closes for any reason. If a player is having difficulty registering online, they must contact firstname.lastname@example.org before registration closing to join a team by 11:50 P.M. on December, 8th to be considered.
- Maximum of (8) Athletes on the court.(5 Males and 3 Females)
- At least (3) Females always need to be on the court.
If your team would like to request your team color jersey, please email email@example.com to request your color. Please note that colors are first come, first serve basis and depending on what division your team is participating in.
Championship Team Moving-Up Policy
If 60% or more of your team returns for the registered sports season and has won back-to-back or won a championship twice in a three-year/season span, then your team will be required to move up to the next division. This does not affect past Competitive/Major Division championship teams as they can stay in that division. Please contact the Sports and Fitness Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information about your team(s). The Sports and Fitness Coordinator will review rosters from the past two/three years and will confirm if a team needs to move up in the division.
Please click “here” to see if this Policy affects your team
Finishing in top (3) Team Moving-Up Policy
If 60% or more of your team returns for the registered sports season and has finished in the top (3) for the past (2) seasons/years, then your team will be required to move up to the next division, following the final standings from the previous Regular Seasons. This does not affect past Competitive/Major Division teams as they can stay in that division. Teams affected by this are past Just For Fun/Rookie and Intermediate/Minor Division teams. Please contact the Sports and Fitness Coordinator at email@example.com to get more information about your team(s). The Sports and Fitness Coordinator will review rosters from the past two/three years and will confirm if a team needs to move up in the division.
Please click “here” to see if this Policy affects your team
Dodgeball Meet & Greet Night
Harrisburg Young Professionals would like to invite all captains and athletes to their “Dodgeball Meet & Greet Night” on Monday, December 18th, 2017 starting at 7:00 P.M. at Harrisburg University inside the Auditorium on the 14th Floor in Room 1454.
This event will allow current and new athletes to get their input on the rules and regulations of the sport that they will be participating in before the season. Athletes will have the opportunity to vote on the rules, playoffs, schedule, conference breakdown, and other league components. Athletes are welcome to come out and talk to other athletes, HYP Sports and Fitness Coordinator, Sports Committee, and game officials about rules and how to keep our Dodgeball League safe, enjoyable, and competitive!
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2018 Dodgeball Captains Meeting will be held on Monday, January 8th at 7:00 P.M. at Federal Taphouse on the 2nd Floor
All captains are preferred to attend and may include one team representative. If a team captain or a representative fails to come to the Captain’s Meeting, the captain will have a meeting with the Sports & Fitness Coordinator to go over all information needed to communicate with his/her team for the season. If a captain or a team representative fails to go to the Captain’s Meeting or meet with the Sports and Fitness Coordinator, the team will forfeit each game until a meeting is scheduled.
Following the Captain’s Meeting, all athletes are welcomed to enjoy the “Get to know the Athletes Night” starting around 7:30 P.M. This will be your opportunity to socialize with other athletes and talk about the upcoming season. Athletes will be able to interact with the Sports and Fitness Coordinator, game officials, and other HYP members!
Dates & Times:
Regular Season games will be held every Thursday from January 11th until March 1st. Games will be played at:
6:00 P.M, 6:50 P.M., 7:40 P.M., 8:30 P.M., and 9:20 P.M.
Playoff & Weather Make-Up Dates:
Playoffs/Bowl Games are scheduled for March 8th and March 15th. If a weather cancellation is needed during the regular season, the make-up game will be played on March 22nd and playoffs will move to March 15th & 22nd. All players will be notified via email by HYP Sports and Fitness Coordinator and on the Harrisburg Young Professionals Facebook page. Games may need to be played on a Wednesday to accommodate schedules due to inclement weather or holidays.
- Minor Division: All 24 Minor Division teams will be eligible for Post-Season Play (Playoffs). Teams finishing #1 through #12 will participate in a Major Division 12 team Single-Elimination Bracket Tournament. (Champion of tourney will win a team trophy and a $200 team gift card to Federal Taphouse).
Teams finishing #13 through #24 will participate in a Minor Division 12 team Single-Elimination Bracket Tournament. The #13 ranked team will be considered the #1 seed and will continue down. (Champion of tourney will win a team trophy).
- Rookie Division: All 25 Rookie Division teams will participate in at least one extra game after the Regular Season, defined as a “Bowl Game”. For example, the teams finishing #24 and #25 will play each other in a Bowl Game, #22 v. #23, #20 v. #21. The #1 Rookie Division team will receive 2 Bowl Games with the #2 and #3 team. (The #1 team who finishes with the best record will receive a framed certificate). These games will be played the final two weeks during the Minor and Major Division Playoffs are occurring.
(Please be aware that these rules are final as voted upon at the Meet and Greet as all athletes/teams/captains were allowed to vote on the rules scheduled on December 18th)
The 2018 HYP Dodgeball Sponsor(s) will be listed below soon: