Thank you for your interest, HYP will be accepting applications for the 2018 Home in the City Grant program starting June 15.
Applications for the 2018 Home in the City Program will be accepted from June 15, 2018, until September 30, 2018, or until all grants have been awarded. Applications are accepted on a first come, first served basis. When the maximum number of grants have been distributed, the program will close for the calendar year.
Are you planning to purchase a home in the city of Harrisburg this year? If so, you may be eligible to receive $1,000.00 towards closing costs through the HYP Home In The City program, funded by the annual HYP Home Tour.
- Interested homebuyers must fill out a Home in the City Application 2018.
- Eligible participants will receive $1,000 in closing cost assistance.
- Awards will be made on a first come, first served basis.
- Home being purchased must be a single family home, located within City limits, and the applicant’s intended primary residence.
- Applicants must be HYP members.
The Home in the City program is a joint venture between HYP, Harrisburg 2020, and the Harrisburg Chamber & CREDC. The program is funded by HYP’s Home Tour, the Urban Land Institute, local businesses, and business leaders. If you would like to contribute to the success of this program, please contact us at email@example.com.
Check out these other home buying assistance programs as well!
- Homebuyer Advantage CCAP
- Dauphin County First Time Home Buyers Program (FTHB)
- City of Harrisburg LERTA (Tax Abatement)
- The Tax Abatement Program provides a financial incentive for improving a property. Owners of commercial, industrial or residential property who are planning improvements to an existing structure or planning to build on a vacant lot are encouraged to apply for tax abatement. If the improvements you make to your property result in the County increasing the assessment on your property (which normally causes your taxes to go up) tax abatement provides temporary relief from these additional City, Dauphin County, and Harrisburg School District real estate taxes. Full taxation of the increased value of your property is deferred for a period of time based on the type and value of improvements.